Saturday, June 28, 2008

A weekend away...

I'm spending the weekend in Iowa City and it's been a while since I've done so. Well, it's not all in Iowa City. This morning some friends and I went down to Nauvoo to attend the temple there. I seem to be more at peace there than anywhere else and I'm usually kind of reluctant to leave, because when you go to the temple, you can leave everything, your troubles, fears, and other negative worldly things, outside. At least that's how it is for me.

However while I am gone, things are still going on at home, especially with the play. I just read a message Savannah wrote on my Facebook wall...

"My name is Daisy Mae Cheek and you and I are BFFs and we travel around to meet men. My parents owned a cotton farm in Texas and that's where I get my money. Also::::: My punk's name is Aiden and I play guitar in a rock band known as The Festering Piercing. I also moved to England becuase I learned there was no drinking age and I sell booze."

That's basically what I missed yesterday at rehearsal was everyone sitting around and coming up with backgrounds for their characters. I have to come up with four, but I think I've got a good start with Sue Ellen Pickett. One down, three to go. ;)

No comments: