Thursday, June 26, 2008

Something funny's going on...

...and it isn't very pretty...

(Brace yourselves, my faithful readers. I'm about to show my VERY liberal colors for the first time on this blog)

Seriously, it's not. I've been keeping track of the Election 2008 season and it's starting already. A McCain staffer was quoted as saying that another terrorist attack on our country would be help get McCain elected. Yep, the Repubs are using the fear card again.

Sure, he apologized. But once it escapes your lips, you can't take it back.

And the local Repubs are making their presence known in my life. In fact, there's a die-hard in our cast, which is why I'm keeping my mouth shut at rehearsals from now on. I have no desire to repeat what I went through during Muscatine! The Musical. I was surrounded by Republicans in the cast and we could debate until we were blue in the face, but they weren't about to change my mind and vice versa.

All I will say is this: if McCain gets elected, then I might as well move to Canada, because at least there I have a fighting chance for a decent life, complete with universal health care. I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER FOUR YEARS OF BUSH POLICY!!! And that's exactly what we will get if McCain is elected.

No comments: