Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A week ago today, I lost part of my childhood...

I came home from work last Wednesday, all ready to start my vacation. When I logged onto the Internet, I got the shock of my life...

Davy Jones, Monkees' singer, had passed away from a heart attack that morning.

When I was ten years old, I was a fan of the Monkees thanks to MTV playing their TV show reruns. I developed a huge crush on Davy when I first heard him sing "Daydream Believer".

I'm still having a hard time processing that he's gone. It's been a week since he passed through the veil. I feel like I lost part of my childhood. At least I have the memories and the songs. I'll have to cling to them.

Davy, thanks for the music and the memories. I'll cherish them for the rest of my life. Slainte!

Slan go foill...

No comments: